Homeless & Struggling NH Veterans Need Our Help
Veterans have made incredible sacrifices for our freedom, yet many carry invisible wounds such as post-traumatic stress and addiction that have left them homeless or searching for a way forward.
For many here in New Hampshire, Liberty House is where they finally have the opportunity to rebuild their lives and the secure futures they deserve.
Through our substance-free housing and assistance with everyday needs, we walk alongside each resident on their road to stability. And with your support, more powerful moments happen:
- Ron celebrating his first year of sobriety in more than 30 years.
- Sheldon finding stable, full-time work and reuniting with his wife after a long separation.
- Bob moving into an apartment of his own after nearly ten years living on the streets.
Over the past year, the number of veterans seeking our help has grown by 31%. The need is real and together – as a community – we can make more life-changing moments happen by remembering, honoring and supporting veterans in need!
What Liberty House Means to Them
Transforming Lives: Our Programs & Our Impact
Sober Transitional Housing
Our sober transitional living program provides a safe and accountable living environment for male veterans facing homelessness or with histories of substance misuse. Residents often come to us unsure of themselves and their futures, but through Liberty House’s 4-step program, emerge more confident and reinvigorated for a sustainable path ahead.
Because of Liberty House:
79% of our veteran residents completed financial training, a key milestone on their way to financial independence.
71% of veteran residents secured steady and meaningful employment on their path to stability and self-sufficiency.
Assistance for Community Veterans
We also regularly work with struggling male and female veterans from the community, providing them with community referrals, as well as assistance from our pantry, such as food, clothing, transportation (gas cards, bus passes) and camping gear that can ease the financial burdens they are facing.
Because of Liberty House:
224 community veterans received the basic needs assistance and support systems they need to become more resilient in facing daily life challenges.
What Makes Liberty House Unique
- We address substance misuse and mental health, two of the biggest risk factors and causes of homelessness among veterans.
- Our proven 4-step program supports veterans’ self-directed plans for recovery, mental and physical wellness and gaining meaningful employment.
- Many of the veterans we serve are not eligible for traditional veteran benefits. Without us, it can be incredibly difficult for them to gain the proper support they need or envision a path forward.